Seriously, we love tapestry. But this could totally tarnish my respect of the project; such a short sighted decision to block overrides of configuration settings!

And the idea that the ordering of loading up SubModules is ignored? That's just not cool either.

So any ideas on how to fix this? We will maintain a local patched version of Tapestry if we have to, to make this right. Where should we look?

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
Em Fri, 03 Oct 2008 15:20:38 -0300, Fernando Padilla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:

 > can you tell me why you want to change the contribution?
 > why not set it only once?

Alright, so maybe my response below is a little rant/flame. But really, are you truly saying that Tapestry doesn't allow libraries to properly set defaults, then allow users of the library to override those defaults??

I agree with Fernando: this is something that can be addressed by Tapestry IoC in some way or another. Maybe the solution is the alias override mechanism described in the bottom of http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/alias.html. I'm not sure because I didn't have the time yet to understand it. I was busy working in the first release of the Ars Machina packages, and at least one of them would benefit from service overrides (Tapestry-Access-Logger).