I have a love-hate relationship with Maven and Eclipse plugins.

First off, I hope you've done a "mvn clean" at some point.

Second, if you upgraded from the old, rather limited m2eclipse plugin to the
latest and greatest, it will break the old JettyLauncher plugin.  Been
there, broke that.

The new Maven plugin for Eclipse is much smarter about setting the classpath
so that execution from the command line and within Eclipse behave the same
way.  Unfortunately, that means that the classes within the JettyLauncher
plugin vanish from the classpath.

Other than that, remember, it's not what you DON'T KNOW that really gets you
into trouble, it's what you KNOW that ISN"T TRUE.

Good luck.

Jonathan