Fernando,
   you're so right, I will probably have to wait a few weeks or
months. I mentioned something, as there have been a couple of
discussions on the subject on the list, and on top of that Howard
asked what the showstoppers were to releasing 5.1 . I think that this
is a good way to rephrase the question "are there any showstoppers in
5.1" as "what are the things stopping you from moving your 5.0 app to
5.1". In other words, 5.1 has quite a bit of nice improvements, but if
there are things holding people back on 5.0.18, then it must be
something significant.

   On the sentiment that GAE is not all that important  to complain
and put pressure (btw, I wasn't complaining or applying pressure, just
trying to start a good discussion that would be beneficial to 5.1). It
seems to me that GAE is a bit like the iPhone : it's nothing all that
new (e.g. if you wanted Java hosting you could have gotten it before
GAE, just like if you wanted a smartphone you could have gotten one
long before the iPhone). However, to a large extent it has become the
measuring stick for frameworks because of Google's visibility : if
your framework runs on GAE, it's ahead of the game, if it doesn't,
it's behind.

   On the subject of scalability and GAE : most of the apps that I
have in mind are small and probably wouldn't warrant buying hosting
for, and thus are ideal candidates for GAE . On a separate note, I see
GAE as a huge opportunity for providing services for small businesses
: e.g. getting them on Google Apps is an easy sell, then the upsell
from Google Apps to custom GAE apps is a piece of cake. Thus, the
frameworks that DO run on GAE will have an advantage in spurring
further adoption in that arena.

Cheers,

Alex Kotchnev