>> I wondered that also, and I'm waiting on an answer.
>> Does disabling JavaScript make the Ajax stuff invisible to Tapestry?  If
>> so, it'd be great to have a better error message.

>AJAX is all about using Javascript to update a part of a page without
>refreshing it. ;) Thus, no Javascript, no AJAX.

Yes, I realize that.  What I meant was, rather than just saying "I don't
know what to do with a JSONObject," it would be more helpful to the
developer if it said "You can't return a JSONObject to a non-AJAX request."
The former message leaves me wondering if I've somehow misconfigured
Tapestry.  The latter message gives me a much better clue as to where to
start looking for the problem.