I'm very glad you found a solution ... it's still a mystery to me as
all the applications I work on are built using the Sun javac compiler
and I've never seen problems like you are seeing, and I do some of my
deployments on Linux (Ubuntu) ... again, with the Sun JDK/JRE.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com