From: Ville Virtanen [mailto:ville.virta...@cerion.fi]
Sent: 07 October 2009 05:11
To: users@tapestry.apache.org
Subject: Re: [t5] upgrade to java 6 and javassist

Hi,

Also make 100% sure that there aren't multiple javassists (different
versions in classpath) AND that the included javassist version is the
right
one. Check this from the produced war, do NOT trust what the ide is
saying
;)

Sometimes we have had problems like this, but those were because maven
dependencies affected to the included javassist version.

We use java 6, and our compile targets are 1.6 in about ten projects, we
have multiple developers compiling with different versions of java and
haven't had any problems besides those javaassist version related.

The version of javassist that gets included for us is 3.9.0.GA

 - Ville

Ps. Below is the mvn configuration we're using w/ netbeans

<plugin>
        <configuration>
                <source>1.6</source>
                <target>1.6</target>
                <optimize>true</optimize>
                <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
                <showDeprecation>true</showDeprecation>
                <showWarnings>true</showWarnings>
        </configuration>
</plugin>

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo wrote:

> Em Tue, 06 Oct 2009 17:39:17 -0300, Fermin Da Costa Gomez
> <dacostago...@dcgconsultancy.nl> escreveu:
>
>> Using Eclipse, my Compiler compliance level is set at 1.5 already and

>> still. What OS are you using?
>
> Ubuntu. But I guess it's not operating-system related.
>
>> The @OnEvent i understand but i can't find a 'ready made' entry for
the
>> EventConstants.
>
> What do you mean by ready-made? EventConstants is just a class that
> declares String constants. You can use the event name directly if you
want
> or need.
>
>> Do i make my own enum for that?
>
> No, event names are Strings.
>
>> And if so, how does that
>> hook into the autocompleter mixin without additional coding?
>
> I'm not following you here. All events are hooked by name and,
optionally,
> component id, just that.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java consultant, developer, and instructor
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Experience the British Library online at http://www.bl.uk/

The British Library’s new interactive Annual Report and Accounts 2007/08 :
http://www.bl.uk/knowledge

Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book.
http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the
mailto:postmas...@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or
copied without the sender's consent.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author
and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The British
Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the author.