I forgot that in order to store the object until the result page is being rendered, you'll need to somehow persist it. That would happen in the session again. So this is not an option for you.

By the way: why do you want to avoid using the session at all costs?

Uli

On 06.01.2010 15:07 schrieb Jim O'Callaghan:
Thanks Ulrich.  Do you think it is realistic to have an entire application
use this approach as a method for sharing state between pages?, i.e. every
page is injected, or is there a downside to this?

Regards,
Jim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ulrich Stärk [mailto:u...@spielviel.de]
Sent: 06 January 2010 13:58
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: Persisting state without HTTP Session

Use setters and the @InjectPage annotation.

@InjectPage private MyPage resultpage;

Object onActionFromSomeComponent()
{
    resultpage.setSomething(something);
    return resultpage;
}

Uli

On 06.01.2010 14:16 schrieb Jim O'Callaghan:
Hi,

Can anyone advise on the preferred way of persisting state between pages
without using HTTP Session?  PageActivationContext using Object[] looks
promising but I don't want long urls (from serialized objects) and there
is
more data to share than a defined number of keys - I'm looking for
something
that uses POST params ...?  Thanks.

Regards,
Jim.