From: Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo [mailto:thiag...@gmail.com]
Sent: 06 January 2010 14:40
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: Persisting state without HTTP Session

Em Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:16:23 -0200, Jim O'Callaghan
<jc1000...@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

> Hi,

Hi!

> Can anyone advise on the preferred way of persisting state between pages
> without using HTTP Session?  PageActivationContext using Object[] looks
> promising but I don't want long urls (from serialized objects)

You don't need to serialize the objects: just add ValueEncoders to tell
Tapestry how it will get the id from a given object. This way, your URL
only has IDs, not whole objects. Anyway, is implementing a completely
session-less application viable? In any technology?

Using POST is complicated because it only works for forms, not links.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor