@Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Thanks for your feedback. I thought about your answer and I'am not sure, if
you already gave me the hint I need to import the tapestry sources in
eclipse, or if we talk past each other.

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote

> Its build tool is Gradle and used to be Maven. Don't forget that Gradle
> generates Maven artifacts, so unless you're building Tapestry from source,
> it won't have any difference for you.

I try to import the sources in Eclipse. Just for fun and learn. I know that
gradle install does a maven install of the archive artifacts into my local
.m2 cache. But it does not create the pom.xml's which I could import easy
with "Import as existing maven project". So I don't see how your advice
should help me.

> I use Eclipse. Its m2e (Maven plugin) has a very friendly way to generate
> a project from an archetype. I suggest you to use it instead of using the
> command-line for that.

For instance I know the quickstart archetype. But I don't see the
correlation to my question.