On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:18:06 -0200, Lenny Primak <lpri...@hope.nyc.ny.us> wrote:

I just feel that's not a priority for most of the tapestry team (Thiago excluded). I hope I am wrong.

If this is the case though, this functionality will be eroded to non-existent over time.

Is it eroding? I really can't see any drop of previewability in Tapestry itself through all the history of its fifth version. I don't think the introduction of BeanEditor, for example, lowered the previewability of Tapestry: you can still use <xxx t:type="yyy"> as much as before. You can still just do a <xxx t:id="yyy"> and use @Component to define what the component is and its parameters. You just have a component (and other too, BeanEditor is just an example) that generates more markup than its declaration. If you want full previewability, don't use this kind of component. If you want some previewability, if BeanEditor itself doesn't drop its body, please file a JIRA so I or other committer can fix that.

Regarding AJAX, Tapestry or not, at least at a first glance, I can see how it could be previewable.

Another non-Tapestry specific hurdle is dynamic markup generation in general.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br