Previewable templates are a great marketing bullet point, but whether you
use them depends on your circumstances:

1) You have no UI designer (i.e., the developers are the designers) --
there is probably no need for previewable templates.

2) You have designers who are willing to use some developer tools (IDE,
build tool, version control) -- there is probably no need for previewable
templates.

3) You have a designer and he/she is unwilling to use developer tools: use
previewable templates.

My projects have been mostly in the first category.