On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Luca Arzeni <l.arz...@iname.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using tapestry 5.3.7 unde jboss6 (java6).
> I'm developing an invoice form.
> I already have a customer list, built with a grid.
> While filling the invoice form, I need to show the customer grid, select
> one of the customers, and retrieve his data (first and last name, addreess,
> city, zip code phone numbers and so on...), to fill some fields of the
> invoice form.
> I would not like to use a select on the invoice data, since I have a large
> list of customers.
> What is the best practise to face this issue?

The typical solution is to use some type of autocomplete field, where the
user can start typing on a field and the system makes a lookup on the
background and provides a list of matches based on the input. There's an
autocomplete mixins available for a regular input field, see
http://tapestry.apache.org/component-mixins.html. It may or may not work
out-of-the-box but at least it'll give you ideas on how to build yours.

Kalle