On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 13:55:54 -0300, Luca Arzeni <l.arz...@iname.com> wrote:

The point here is that the list needs to be shown in a grid since it has more than 100.000 items, and I need to allow the user to filter it according to few criteria (that I've already implemented in the page that contains the grid).

Remember the source parameter of Grid receives a GridDataSource object, not a List, so just implement it to do the search you need to do with paging (i.e. retrieve just the objects you'll show right now). tapestry-hibernate already has HibernateGridDataSource, which already implements a part of it (pagination) and you just need to provide the query criteria.

By the way: the user needs to see a list of customers since many users have similar values (same name, same city...) so he needs to examinate more than one field to choose the right one (which is the reason why a show a list of customers in a grid).

This looks more of an user interface question than a Tapestry one, to be honest . . .

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br