Performance (IIRC while reading on the mailing lists) is about the same. mod_proxy_ajp should be easier to configure and install since it comes bundled with apache and it should be much easier to install than jk.

e wrote:

Hi,

I'm happy to see Apache 2.2 has been released.  I'm curious if anyone has
any insights into the performance of mod_proxy_ajp vs mod_jk?  Is it more
efficient, or just easier to configure?   Are there any sample
configurations available to look at?

Thanks,