NoClassDefinition errors are normally thrown if the class or JAR isn't in the classpath, the only other time this happens is when the ClassLoader isn't able to load the class path because an exception is thrown on any static initialisers.

(This is conjecture...) It may be the ServletContext has a static { ... } block that is throwing an error for some reason, the class can't be loaded and is therefore not available, hence the NoClassDefinition found error.

However, I don't understand why your code is moaning about ServletContext when it doesn't look like you are anywhere near it.

Kind Regards,
Chris.