> From: John Poley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Question concerning
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletContext
>
> I even went so far as to start with a machine with
> no development tools on it, downloading just the
> elements I required, and then trying to redeploy.

Those elements would be?

The problem still looks like excess ServletContext classes being around.
Since you're getting NoClassDefFoundError rather than
ClassNotFoundException, there is a ServletContext already loaded from
somewhere.  If you happen to have j2ee.jar around, try getting rid of
it.

Have you looked at:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html
and compared that with what you're doing?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.