My company is has developed and is now marketing/selling a line-of-business
TSP/Tomcat application which we sell to corporate customers to runs on their
servers in their intranets.

It's suddenly become clear to my company that when we deploy a WAR on a
customers' site, the source code is completely visible to anyone who has access
to the server's drives, and this is belatedly causing some concern. Obviously
there are clauses in our license that formally protect our intellectual
property and at a corporate level we are relaxed, but my boss is quite
concerned about the delinquent administrator who simply downloads & walks away
with the code.

Is there any way in which the deployed WAR file, and all the files that explode
out of it, can be hidden/encrypted/protected on the server, while still
allowing them to be executed by Tomcat? The app is almost completely
JSP/Struts, there is hardly any HTML at all (if any in fact).

Tom Burke