> Interesting.  Although I don't consider blogs a source of worthwild
information on anything (and yes, that includes my own!), I've always found a wealth of VB knowledge on the web. Probably not quite as much as Java, but still.

I would strongly encourage every academic institution to replace their VB offerings with .NET to prepare their students for current as well as future markets (in general)
and the OOD world (specifically)

I'd agree with that. Although, considering the difficulty we are currently having at my company finding VB experts (I long since ceased being an expert myself),

MG>well if the mother ship Microsoft isnt supporting their VB child I wonder how effective anyone could be supporting VB

perhaps colleges *are* preparing their students for the work world ;)
MG>a definite maybe

 I know a COBOL programmer that just landed
himself a job making more than I am! I wouldn't be surprised if VB is the next COBOL in that regard :)
MG>"Life IS'NT Fair" - Bill Gates

Frank

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect