On 1/30/06, Endre Stølsvik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Leon Rosenberg wrote:
>
> | On 1/29/06, David Tonhofer, m-plify S.A. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> | > Another 2c: When doing Java, you may want to stay clear of J2EE. I have
> | > heard it's the Wooly Mammoth framework and I have so far worked happily
> | > without it. I recommend a look at Bruce Tate's pamphlet here:
> | >
> | > <http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/bfljava/>
> | >

> | Stay clear of J2EE? Not really possible, especially with your book
> | recommendation, hibernate and spring are heavily J2EE based. Or did
> | you mean EJB?
>
> How are they "J2EE based"?

JDBC is part of J2EE. JTA is part of J2EE. Servlets are part of J2EE.
And spring states itself as:

Welcome to the home of the Spring Framework.  As the leading
full-stack Java/J2EE application framework, Spring delivers
significant benefits for many projects, reducing development effort
and costs while improving test coverage and quality.

> Regards,
> Endre.

Leon