> From: Jess Holle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Nice terminology quandry that the app server marketeers have
> dug for us.
>
> They've painted a world of "J2EE == EJB" and "J2EE == the only (good)
> way to do Java in the enterprise" and transitively "EJB == the only
> (good) way to do Java in the enterprise".

EJB implies J2EE, but the reverse implication does not hold.  That
recognition is enough to defeat the marketing spin.

                - Peter

P.S. So far to day, I've spent about half the day developing in C# and
ASP.Net, and the other half developing in Java and JSP.  I find them
about as productive as each other, and neither as productive as one
would ideally like.