Dean Hiller wrote:
> yes, but please look at the solution I found in previous post which
> works WITHOUT stripping down everything.

I never doubted that there is a solution that doesn't require leaving almost
everything out. The fact that the stripped down version behaves as desired
simply proves that it's not a Tomcat problem but a problem with your webapp.

> I think tomcat should fix this
> by reporting something like this
>
> log.log(Level.WARNING, "Application Errors will not be logged because
> webapp has log4j but no config file", new RuntimeException("See
> msg).fillInStackTrace());
>
> The RuntimeException is to make it more noticeable in the logs.   I mean
> 953 hits on googling is quite alot of people having trouble.  Would be
> nice to cut that number down with an easy log statement that tomcat
> could add!!!

Well, if it's really that easy you should definitely provide a patch.

Regards
  mks