Thanks for the advice.

All libraries are within the apps WEB-INF folder.

It also doesn't appear to be a memory leak. Typically I would expect
memory use to increase over time with a memory leak, but our app shows no
increase just a sharp spike to max allocated memory prior to becoming
unresponsive.

For persistence we use Mybatis ORM which we have no issues with on other
apps.

I've set the GC logging up, but because there are no OOME no thread dumps
are generated.

Z.