Em 03/02/2013 07:20, Howard W. Smith, Jr. escreveu:
I definitely do not want to take/lead away from Edson and Mark's
recommendations and responses related to linux, but as someone that has
found success with his first-and-only JAVA/JSF web application, running on
Windows Server 2003 32-bit 4GB, and now Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit 32GB
RAM (preparing for future development), one thing I love is ...debugging,
as that has been my major strength throughout my (almost 20 year) career,
prior to learning java via (Oracle's) java ee 6 tutorial (summer 2011) and
beginning java development immediately afterwards. Just wanted to share
that tidbit, for any/all following my responses from this point on... as
Edson mentioned earlier, I am definitely 'junior' java developer, now, that
is loving java/jsf, and learning so much by listening in on topics in this
mail list. :)

I hope you did not get offended :-) That wasn't my intention - I was mentioning I have some "juniors" here (programmers with less than a year of experience), and they adopt bad practices all the time (that's why used pair programming and code review meetings to get rid of). Actually, I am learning here as well. The purpose to help is really to learn and avoid same problems in future. By sharing our collective experience we can confirm our hypothesis or not - and then construct new knowledge from there.

Anyway, this CPU spike reminds me of when I migrated from JSF-managed-beans
to CDI-managed-beans and I experienced the cyclic references that is an
absolute no-no with CDI, and even recently, add some new code to the app,
which resulted in the same...cyclic reference between 2 existing CDI
@SessionScoped beans. I had to resolve that on both occasions by a patch
which included use/reference of Boolean variable, which was initialized in
@Postconstruct, of course.

Is it possible that your app has CDI involved and any cyclic
references...that could be causing this CPU spike?

So I learned something new here! Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it :-)

Edson

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM, Zoran Avtarovski