Someone would have to do further research to explain why this works.  I cannot.

> I did not know you could have multiple logins in Windows 2008 R2. You
> don't mean interactive login do you?

Yes, interactively, but remotely.  Every Windows operating system since Windows
Server 2000
supports "remote administration mode" which out of the box allows two remote
terminal
sessions by administrators (or other users given the right to log in remotely).
There is actually a third session allowed, which is the console (local)
session.  There can
only be one user logged in at a time to the console, but it can be any user that
exists as a local account on the server or a domain user if the server is in a
domain
(the one exception is domain controllers; by default, only administrators and
accounts
in certain other groups can log in locally to a domain controller).

However, in Windows Server 2008 and later, they changed the default so only one
user is logged
in at a time, ala Windows 7, but unlike Windows 7, it can revert to the earlier
behavior by
changing local or group policy to allow multiple user logins (up to the three
discussed
previously).

If you buy a terminal server license, then the cap on two users is removed (to
the limit
specified in the terminal server license), and any users can log in remotely.

> I hope this is clear and thanks for keeping me honest.
> -Pat

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary information. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail or believe that you received this
email in error, please take immediate action to notify the sender of the
apparent error by reply e-mail; permanently delete the e-mail and any
attachments from your computer; and do not disseminate, distribute, use, or
copy this message and any attachments.