If you run with <Host autoDeploy="true"/> then ~every 10 seconds
Tomcat checks whether the war file is newer than the directory that
was created when extracting the war file.  If it is then a
redeployment happens.  You should be able to see deployment /
undeployment messages in the logs.

Maybe the check was performed during the DST change and the times for
one web application were inconsistent. Do you need autoDeploy="true"
if you manually modify the deployed applications?

Probably not. I've quite literally never heard of it, and I'm about to look up what (and where) it is. It's probably set without our knowing about it, or at least without knowing what it's for.

--
JHHL