Hi.

We use JavaMelody for "moment performance checks" on test box and Zabbix
monitoring system to have whole history. Zabbix can use JMX connection to
Tomcat instance and have set of included teamplates, for example - number
of threads, current memory usage, gzip usage and so on. Main virtue of
Zabbix ++ JMX is that it store all data in database + can draw graphs.