Randhir Singh wrote:
Hi,

I had another point to add in this other than the reply sent by me in the
earlier mail is that if the JVM crashes as pointed out by you, would a JVM
process get started when Tomcat is started.

Also, how to check if 2 processes are sharing a common JVM. The 2 processes
referred to with the context of our environment would be JBoss & Tomcat.

I hope my query is clear.

Your question may be relatively clear, but maybe your premises are not clear.

From the system/OS perspective, the process which is running is the JVM (or multiple JVM processes; look for "java" on the first part of the command-line).

Then, this JVM may be running several (java bytecode) java applications. But these are not processes from the OS perspective. They are just "things" that the JVM is doing.

So, when you "start Tomcat", you are not really "starting a Tomcat process". What you are starting is a JVM process, and you tell it (by its arguments), to start reading some compiled "classes" and executing their code.

What everyone has been trying to get out of you, so far without success, is how many java processes you are really starting, and what you are telling each of them to run in terms of java applications. And (I am not an expert, so I am not commenting on that part), what most people here seem to be saying is that Jboss uses some embedded Tomcat code as its servlet engine, so it should all run within the same JVM (and thus the same process), and thus they do not really understand what you seem to be talking about.