Hi Folks,

I had a server crash on Friday, and I had the following symptoms:

Response time worsened, and when I looked at my real-time monitoring (an
app called FusionReactor), I saw that the app *seemed* to be
single-threading (I only saw one request process at a time), then after a
few minutes, even though resources still looked good, the app no longer
seemed to receive any requests.

My first guess was that somehow, connections were slowly getting clogged
until there were none left, then my server was completely unresponsive.

I front Tomcat (7.0.59) with Apache HTTPD, and connect with mod_proxy. (The
end app is built in Lucee, and is running on RHEL 6.7 and Oracle Java
1.7.0_76.)

My instinct is to monitor the connection (pools?) in, I guess, Tomcat and
mod_proxy, but:

   1. I don't know if that's sane.
   2. I have no clue how one would go about that.

I could use some input.

Thanks,
Jamie