On 8/8/16, 9:59 AM, Coty Sutherland wrote:
To mitigate POODLE you must disable SSLv3 and only use TLS. Please
visit the wiki page for more info:
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/Security/POODLE

Actually, I found that on my own, only a few minutes after I posted my question.

So would the existing
. . .
 clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

become this?
. . .
 clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2,TLSv1.1,TLSv1"
/>

But what I currently get in an SSLLabs scan is
The server supports only older protocols, but not the current best TLS 1.2.
Grade capped to C.
. . .
Protocols
TLS 1.2         No
TLS 1.1         No
TLS 1.0         Yes
SSL 3   No
SSL 2   No

from which I gather that (1) SSLLabs seems to think SSLv3 is already disabled, and (2) TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 are unavailable.

Something doesn't make sense here.

--
JHHL