From: Cheltenham, Chris [mailto:ccheltenham-...@philasd.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:40 AM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Security of AJP

Since AJP is not really needed by Tomcat; If I comment out the AJP startup line
in server.xml will that affect anything.

I still don’t even understand what its for.
I have read the apache docs but it doesn’t mean anything to me..
Apache's description doesn't tell me anything.

The AJP Connector element represents a Connector component that communicates
with a web connector via the AJP protocol. This is used for cases where you
wish to invisibly integrate Tomcat into an existing (or new) Apache
installation, and you want Apache to handle the static content contained in the
web application, and/or utilize Apache's SSL processing.

That is mumbo jumbo.

Thank You;

Chris Cheltenham
Technology Services