Mark,

On 6/27/18 9:50 AM, Sandels Mark (RTH) OUH wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> I only included the IBM link because it was one of the few
> real-world examples of using the documented context.xml Context
> directive to specify the WAR or Directory URL. My WAR application
> was developed and built using Netbeans 8.

A <Context> element can't define where the application is, because the
application itself contains the (file which contains the) <Context>
element.

If you want to deply a WAR file, why not just drop it into webapps/
into a default installation and collect your paycheck? It really
couldn't be much easier than that.

- -chris

> -----Original Message----- From: Mark Thomas
> [mailto:ma...@apache.org] Sent: 27 June 2018 14:45 To:
> users@tomcat.apache.org Subject: Re: Apache http via tomcat WAR or
> Directory URL syntax (tomcat server.xml) for WAR application not
> working
>
> On 27/06/18 13:53, Sandels Mark (RTH) OUH wrote:
>>
>> I am attempting to launch a WAR web application from a tomcat
>> service (tomcat 9.0.2, windows server 2008 R2), after invoking a
>> URL in a browser (Firefox) hosted by an Apache HTTP server
>> (Apache 2.4). The documentation ...
>>
>> https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS6RHZ_6.0.6/com.ibm.rati
onal.pe.install.doc/topics/t_rpeng_tomcat.html