Am 28.10.2019 um 14:13 schrieb Rémy Maucherat:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 1:46 PM Johan Compagner <jcompag...@servoy.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>

>> On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 at 13:15, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> A frequent topic of discussion at ApacheCon EU was Jakarta EE 9. For
>> those
>>> of you who aren't familiar with Jakarta EE the key points are:
>>>
>>> - Oracle have donated Java EE to Eclipse
>>> - Eclipse have released Jakarta EE 8 which is essentially identical to
>>> Java EE 8
>>> - Oracle have refused to allow changes to the APIs in the javax namespace
>>> - The Jakarta EE community seem to be reaching consensus on releasing
>>> Jakarta EE 9 which will rename all the Java packages from javax.* to
>>> jakarta.*
>>>

>> what does this rename really mean?
>>
>> import javax.servlet.http.HttpSession;
>> import javax.websocket.Session;
>>
>> those are renamed?
>> If that is yes that would mean pretty much everything will break?
>>

> https://eclipse-foundation.blog/2019/05/03/jakarta-ee-java-trademarks/
> I thought everyone knew about this. We were supposed to have a session on
> this rename at ApacheCon EU, but unfortunately it didn't happen.
>
> Rémy

This article mentions that javax.* package namespace is not allowed to
change. The API needs to remain compatible.
When javax.* is renamed to jakarta.* it should be sufficient to have a
javax.* shim library that translates everything to use jakarta.*. Or is
there any public information that Oracle prohibits that too?

Regards,

  Stefan