On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 4:31 PM Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> > conf
> > All of the conf files.
>
> Specifically, you'll want server.xml and web.xml. You can also choose to
> customize context.xml, and put any [engine]/[host]/[webapp].xml
> deployment descriptors there.

Hi chros,

Ok, so then the minimum required is server.xml and web.xml?

And then there are optional files like context.xml? Are all of the
other files also optional and completely overwrite settings like
tomcat-users.xml or only some?

I have confirmed that adding only web.xml alone resolves the issue
completely. I no longer get 404's and the application works. But I
would like to further understand this as much as possible to document
it for my customers.

Thanks,
Mike

--