Note, this is if on Windows. Linux/Unix is similar without the service part.­

Thanks,

Sent with BlackBerry Work (www.blackberry.com)
________________________________
From: jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID
Sent: Feb 7, 2022 8:48 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to Upgrade tomcat from 8.5.23 to 8.5.73 | windows r2 2008
server

The way I suggest ­is to do this:

First Time

1. Install new version side-by-side.
2. Separate CATALINA_BASE and CATALUNA_HOME.
3. Create a symbolic link for CATALINA_HOME.
4. Make the necessary changes to config files,  make sure the CATALINA_BASE lib
only contains the jar files for your application. Keep all NATIVE jars in
CATALINA_HOME lib.
5. Make necessary updates to registry as needed.
6. Stop service.
7. Start service.

Future times.

1. Install new binaries.
2. Update symbolic link for CATALINA_HOME to point to new releases.
3. Stop service.
4. Start service.

Note: may have to stop service before you can modify the sym-link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sent with BlackBerry Work
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.blackberry.com__;!!F9svGWnIaVPGSwU!6529UupBpLyapE6zoORa1rdq6l5eMMjJ9gJ8ilP3AienjMQa-KqaQ--HS81zgVqOTP0p6G8$