Hi Chris,
I deployed a java war file to a remote windows server. However the Tomcat
server stops running after a few days / weeks. I need to run a monthly job,
therefore the job fails as the server is not running. I am unable to find any
information on this. Can someone please help. I can give me more details if
needed.
Thanks,Shakila.
Shakila Rajaiah  *****************************  e-mail: sraja...@yahoo.com

    On Monday, February 7, 2022, 03:33:00 PM EST, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

 Rakesh,

On 2/6/22 14:52, rakesh meka wrote:
> Greetings of the day. Hope you all are doing well.
>
> I am actually new to tomcat. I had required from the client that we need to
> upgrade tomcat from 8.5.23 to 8.5.75 where there is an application is
> deployed which makes sap 4.6c integration.
>
> So I need to upgrade from old version to new version without losing any
> data/connections.
>
> I couldn't find the steps or proper tutorials on how to start upgrade.
>
> Should I need uninstall current version and then install new version and
> deploy the application?
>
> Is there any better way that I can upgrade the current folder structure to
> new version without uninstalling in thatcase what are changes I need to do?
>

> Please let me know. I would be eagerly waiting for the response from you.

You might want to read this as you prepare your upgrade. It may help you
upgrade in the future.

https://tomcat.apache.org/presentations.html#latest-split-installation

-chris