Hi,

As mentioned in my last email, I have built a simple ‘Hello World’ Ant
project in NetBeans, referencing an external library (GSON in my case)
and the project properties looks quite different for the generated Ant
project against the one that was created for Tomcat. The attached
screenshot illustrates the differences (ignore the other unopened
projects!)

The 'Hello world' Ant project (source file attached) was created using
the tools built into NetBeans so I

- Created Java Application with Ant
  - Project name:  HelloWorldAnt
- Wrote the attached class
  - NetBeans flags up that com.google.gson library (jar) not found
-  Projects > HelloWorldAnt > Libraries
   - Locate gson-2.9.0.jar and open it
   - Library is added to the libaries folder within the project (as
per screenshot)
- Run project - compiles successfully and exports myLog to JSON in
c:\Work\UserLogins.json (reproduced below).
- I can also add breakpoints and step through the code during execution.

The file structure for this simple Ant project looks a lot more
complex than the one I am used to for Maven (see below). I am
struggling to compare the two structures (HelloWorldAnt & Tomcat) as
they look so different.

While, I have not included any of the files in the directory structure
listed below, happy to or upload the folder to DropBox. However, I
think the exercise was more to determine that the Tomcat folder
structure isn't as NetBeans would expect it for development to take
place.

Going to re-run the Tomcat tests and see if I can get a list of the
failures in a suitable format.

John

Directory / File structure for created HelloWorldAnt project

C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\build
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\build.xml
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\manifest.mf
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\nbproject
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\src
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\test
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\build\classes
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\build\classes\.netbeans_automatic_build
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\build\classes\.netbeans_update_resources
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\build\classes\helloworldant
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\build\classes\helloworldant\HelloWorldAnt.class
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\build\classes\helloworldant\HelloWorldAnt.rs
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\build\classes\helloworldant\TransactionLog$LocalDateSerializer.class
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\build\classes\helloworldant\TransactionLog$Transaction.class
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\build\classes\helloworldant\TransactionLog.class
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\nbproject\build-impl.xml
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\nbproject\genfiles.properties
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\nbproject\private
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\nbproject\project.properties
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\nbproject\project.xml
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\nbproject\private\private.properties
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\nbproject\private\private.xml
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\src\helloworldant
C:\Development\Work\HelloWorldAnt\src\helloworldant\HelloWorldAnt.java

gson (taken from my Maven .m2\repository) is referenced in
project.properties in the following snippet

excludes=
file.reference.gson-2.9.0.jar=C:\\Users\\John\\.m2\\repository\\com\\google\\code\\gson\\gson\\2.9.0\\gson-2.9.0.jar
includes=**
jar.compress=false
javac.classpath=\
    ${file.reference.gson-2.9.0.jar}