John:

> If anyone has a moment, can you have a quick look and see if what I am
> proposing seems acceptable.

Thinking about when a large file (Such as a war file) is being uploaded
to the server, we don't want Tomcat to reload it until after the file has
completed upload and is fully formed.

How does Tomcat test if a file has been updated?
I assume it uses File.lastModified() or something similar.

Does anyone know the detailed nuts and bolts of how that works?
Does last modified keep changing as the file is uploading or is it just
changed at the start of the upload?  Is the behavior the same or different
across platforms?

These questions should be taken into account when designing the solution.

Thank you,
  Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (972) 834-1565, http://www.propfinancing.com
We offer 30 year loans on single family houses!