On 3/8/23 12:54, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
On 3/8/23 11:35 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:

Check logging.properties and/or how you have stdout redirected in your start-up scripts.

Thanks.
All I see different in logging.properties is that on the Midrange box (installed from the ZIP file from Apache's Tomcat site), it has "catalina.org.apache.juli.AsyncFileHandler.maxDays = 90" clauses, whereas on the cloud Linux (probably installed with yum or apt), it doesn't.

And if (adopting root authority) I do a "find -name catalina.sh" or a "find -name startup.sh" on a cloud Linux box, I find *nothing.* Which is remarkable in itself.

Assuming you're starting in the right place, try "find-name catalina.\*"

Not that it's of more than academic interest.

--
JHHL