From: Darren Hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:04 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Database connection pooling in Tomcat 5.5

> does your XP box give you any application log errors anywhere?

I see no errors in the event viewer in any of the logs that are related to
this issue, but it was a good idea. (I didn't think of it.)

> I wonder if Windows is looking for a domain authentication, that is a
> domain name stapled on to the user acct prior to authenticating the user?

No, there is no domain information used currently for the database
connection process. Another good idea. I'll speak with my network admin and
see if he believes this could be causing an issue.

> Can you print out to the Tomcat logs the errors?

Curiously, Tomcats logs show no errors relating to this issue. My
application log is the only place where the error is caught and logged.
Here is the relevant output from my log including the top of the stack
trace.

<flc-event-2006-09-19.log>
2006-09-19 13:07:44,670 DEBUG org.mydomian.labs.LaboratorySearchAction -
(exeucte) Retrieving database connection from the DataSource.
2006-09-19 13:07:45,826 DEBUG
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources -
getMessage(en_US,unhandledException)
2006-09-19 13:07:45,841 WARN  org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor -
Unhandled Exception thrown: class
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException
2006-09-19 13:07:45,857 ERROR
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/flc].[primar
y-controller] - Servlet.service() for servlet primary-controller threw
exception
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon
denied
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource
.java:855)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.ja
va:540)
        at
org.mydomain.labs.LaboratorySearchAction.execute(LaboratorySearchAction.java
:94)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProces
sor.java:431)