> They are, you just don't know it.  From the doc:
>
> "These libraries are located in a single JAR at
> $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib/naming-factory-dbcp.jar.

Gotcha. Thanks, Chuck.
The naming-factory-dbcp.jar is in my /commons/lib dir.

The bizarre thing about all of this is that
A) I can connect to the database from my local machine a number of ways
using those same credentials - just not using the connection pool I've set
up through Tomcat.
And B) The connection pool - with absolutely no modifications from my local
machine - works fine in the Tomcat install on the development server.
??????
I don't know where to go from here. I'm stumped.