Robbert,

> (Yes, I have three locations for the statistics servlet. I don't know where
> to place it!)

See below.

> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/doc/o23/index.jsp (deze jsp file roept dus de
> StatistiekServlet aan)

This should be fine.

> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/doc/o23/StatistiekServlet

This will not work: the servlet is not in the classpath (unless you've
done something really weird).

> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/StatistiekServlet

This won't work: servlets basically do not work if they are not in packages.

> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/o23/StatistiekServlet

This is the only one that will work, and your servlet must have a
"package o23;" declaration at the top.

You'll need your web.xml to look like this:

>       <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>StatistiekServlet</servlet-name>
>         <servlet-class>o23.StatistiekServlet</servlet-class>
>       </servlet>

> I always have this problem with Servlets. Is there any way to use CSS (and
> similar things...) with Servlets without too much trouble (like, changing
> some configuration settings)?

Can you give an example of the URL being used when trying to load a CSS
file? How about the servlet? You should make the changes noted above and
tell us if it helped. Then, we can deal with the CSS issue.

-chris