1. The location of servlet classes is documented in the spec. Place them in either a directory structure that reflects the package structure under WEB-INF/classes or in a jar file whose internal folder structure reflects the package structure. Ex.: Suppose you have the class StatistiekServlet defined to be in package o23 (sound familiar?). That class file would be placed in WEB-INF/classes/o23

2. How are you including the css -- inline or via a <link.... > tag? If via a <link ....> tag, that is pulled via a separate request to the server.

--David

Robbert wrote:

Hi, I have the following problem:

If I include the Servlet using the jsp:include tag and if the web.xml file
is configured correctly, it will invoke the Servlet, but the CSS won't load.
If I change the URL pattern, the Servlet won't be invoked (with a "Resource
unavailable" error) but the CSS is rendered.

Here's where the files are:

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/doc/o23/index.jsp (deze jsp file roept dus de
StatistiekServlet aan)
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/doc/o23/StatistiekServlet
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/o23/StatistiekServlet
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/StatistiekServlet

(Yes, I have three locations for the statistics servlet. I don't know where
to place it!)

Here's the code for the servlet in web.xml

        <servlet>
          <servlet-name>StatistiekServlet</servlet-name>
          <servlet-class>StatistiekServlet</servlet-class>
        </servlet>

        <servlet-mapping>
          <servlet-name>StatistiekServlet</servlet-name>
          <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping><

I always have this problem with Servlets. Is there any way to use CSS (and
similar things...) with Servlets without too much trouble (like, changing
some configuration settings)?

Thanks in advance! (Yes, I've searched but I couldn't find a helping
answer).