BINGO :-)

Please check the servlet spec 2.5, SRV 8.2

"To use a request dispatcher, a servlet calls either the include
method or forward
method of the RequestDispatcher interface. The parameters to these methods can
be either the request and response arguments that were passed in via the service
method of the javax.servlet interface, or instances of subclasses of
the request an
response wrapper classes that were introduced for version 2.3 of the
specification. In the latter case, the wrapper instances must wrap the
request or response objects that the container passed into the service
method.
The Container Provider should ensure that the dispatch of the request to a
target servlet occurs in the same thread of the same JVM as the
original request."

Please note that the last paragraph. I assume if the servlet container
works properly, your method simply can't work. Can you remove
Dispatcher caching and check whether the issue is gone?

regards
Leon

On 12/20/06, Marziou, Gael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> By looking at the code of ApplicationDispatcher, I would tend to think
that
> the answer is no because of fields like wrapRequest and requestURI
(there
> are other fields but they are unused) however the javadoc does not
mention it.

I forgot to include the question but some of you may have guessed it ;-)
The question was: can we call forward() on same ApplicationDispatcher
object from 2 concurrent threads?

Gael