hi guys,

just my 0.02 €:

we are working with debian. as you may know, debian works this way
that they take quite their time for testing every app to enable it's
working properly. so basically, you should be fine with what the
distro has.

however, we're working aith apache httpd and tomcat, but since tomcat
is pure java, we rather take the downloads from apache.org.

there are some good reasons for that:

- java's bytecode is compatible over all different versions of java
- the binaries are digitally signed, therefore i just check the keys
and i'm sure to have the right stuff
- when it comes to problems where i need help (i.e.from this
userlist), it makes things easier talking about the apache-version
rather than talking about a re-packaged version to hunt down the
error.

Well, that was the world how it should be, but some times some probs
might aries.
If it then is necessary that I have to patch the code, then I really
have a problem compiling Tomcat. Here, my christmas-whish is, that I
had a source-project-download that I could run out of the box.
Gettings the sources from svn takes me ages to setup a project
properly. There are source-downloads that are coming with ant-scripts,
that's already a step into the right direction. However, I'd
appreciate if all jars to satisfy the dependencies would either come
with that source-download or at least would be referenced (incl. used
version).

Cheers

Greg

On 12/24/06, David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:

>On Sun, 2006-12-24 at 18:32 -0500, Martin Gainty wrote:
>

>>William-
>>Just went to gentoo site and cant read the type (without a magnifying
>>glass)..apparently the font is cranked way down
>>

>No control over that sorry. But any browser should have the ability to
>increase font size. All that is dictated by, well I have no clue ;) I
>just know we make does in guidexml format. It get's parsed into what you
>see ;) So all the docs look the same and etc. Not sure off hand who I
>would talk to about that. However should be a local font issue. Either
>change your default fonts, increase their sizes, or just enlarge the
>fonts/text when you are on the page via the browsers options. Should be
>in a context menu or something.

Browsers don't always have control over font size.  Setting a font size
in absolute terms like pixel units in the css can lock out user
preference.  I just saw the Gentoo site and it looked fine although it
may not render that way in all browsers.

Merry Christmas!

--David

gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2