Hi,

  I new in the list. I hope can help somebody someday, but now I need
a hand to solve this mail's subject question.

  I have configured a tomcat application to use https in a arbitrary
jsp file (just for testing) when the user request it. So, the webapp's
"web.xml" file contains the following:

=== from here ===
<security-constraint>
   <display-name>LoginConstraint</display-name>
   <web-resource-collection>
       <web-resource-name>Login</web-resource-name>
       <description>Test to start a session</description>
       <url-pattern>/ssl/*</url-pattern>
       <http-method>GET</http-method>
       <http-method>POST</http-method>
       <http-method>HEAD</http-method>
       <http-method>PUT</http-method>
       <http-method>OPTIONS</http-method>
       <http-method>TRACE</http-method>
       <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <user-data-constraint>
        <description>Test to request SSL access</description>
    </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>
=== to here ===

   In addition I have a a "index.jsp" with this content:

=== from here ===
   <head>...</head>
       <h1>Index test</h1>
=== to here ===

  And finally in the "restricted.jsp" file have this

=== from here ===
   <head>...</head>
       <h1>Restricted test</h1>
=== to here ===

   The "problem" is: when I go from "index.jsp" to "restricted.jsp"
the URL gets replaced (correctly) by
"https://localhost:8443/testSSL/restricted.jsp";, _but_ when I want to
go from "restricted.jsp" back to "index.jsp" using the anchor defined
in it the URL is not replace by the standard "http" URL and then gets
stuck with a "https://localhost:8443/testSSL/index.jsp"; URL instead of
the original "http://localhost:8080/testSSL/index.jsp";

Have I made a mistake here, is a missconfiguration or an conceptual
error of mine?

Any light to this is welcome. Forgive is this topic has been discused
but I  can't found any similar to my question.

Cheers!

Pablo.