On 4/2/07, Frank W. Zammetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey folks... I'm having a real pain of a problem here... vital stats:

JRE 1.6.0-b105 (JDK 6)
Tomcat 6.0.10

Since you have installed the JRE and not the JDK, I suppose you must
set the JRE_HOME environment variable, and remove the JAVA_HOME
environment variable.

On my installation of Tomcat 6.0.10 there is no
CATALINA_HOME/common/lib , but there's only a CATALINA_HOME/lib
folder which contains servlet-api.jar by default.

So I recommend using the default folder structure that came with
Tomcat 6.0.10 fresh install.

It should be fine if you have servlet-api.jar which contains the
javax.servlet.Filter class under
k:\tomcat6010\lib\

For completeness, environment variables I have:

CATALINA_HOME=k:\tomcat6010
JAVA_HOME=c:\java15
Path=c:\java15\bin;k:\tomcat6010\bin;x:\classes\apache-ant-1.7.0\bin
...NO classpath defined...

I don't think there's any other relevant env vars.