Khalil wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to integrate Tomcat 6.0.10 with Apache 2.2.4 using mod_jk-1.2.22.
The traffic seems to be flowing correctly to Tomcat on port 8080 from apache
through the connector. Tomcat and Apache reside on the same machine.

I want to force apache to drop prot 8080 form the url when it forwards to
tomcat since we're behined a firewall and port 8080 is closed.

For example, when I type in the browser: http://somehost/match2020/  apache
forwadrs to tomcat and the url is changed to http://somhost:8080/match2020/. I
want to get rid of 8080 form the url and just be on port 80.

What happens if you access the
/examples/servlets/servlet/RequestInfoExample
What is displayed for Remote Address

Are you still see port 8080, if that is what you are
trying to ask us?

I'm not the native English speaker, but I think I understand
that language a lot. However your entire question is unclear,
and I have no idea what the problem is,
and what do you mean by 'dropping ports'.

Regards,
Mladen.