Did all that, to no avail. As I said, it was working until the certificate
expired, and the new certificate seems to have broken things, although I
can't see anything wrong with it. What it looks like, actually, is that the
server isn't processing the server.xml entries that redirect http to https.
I can't see why, though.

Bob Grabbe
Umiversity of Michigan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Research is the process of going up alleys to see if they are blind." --
Marston Bates