> From: linuxChique [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Configuring Tomcat on Fedora Core 8
>
> I guess the thing is that I don't know what a
> PersistentManager is or if I need it.

Again, to quote from the doc:

"In addition to the usual operations of creating and deleting sessions,
a PersistentManager has the capability to swap active (but idle)
sessions out to a persistent storage mechanism, as well as to save all
sessions across a normal restart of Tomcat."

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/manager.html

> Should I use it?

If you don't know what it's for, that would be a good indication that
you shouldn't use it.  Just remove the <Manager> element and let the
default manager do its thing.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.