> From: linuxChique [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Configuring Tomcat on Fedora Core 8
>
> But what I mean is, how do I know what the "root" directory
> is for web serving purposes?

(Be careful of the term "root".  Tomcat requires that the default webapp
name for a given <Host> be named ROOT, so using the term in other
situations will undoubtedly lead to confusion.  You might want to refer
to it as the webapp's base directory.)

When a Tomcat webapp is installed in some location other than under the
<Host> appBase directory (default value of "webapps"), the docBase
attribute of the webapp's <Context> element must point to the location
in which the webapp is installed.  You can often identify the proper
directory by the presence of the WEB-INF directory immediately under the
webapp location.  In JIRA, this is conveniently (albeit somewhat
confusingly) named "webapp".  Your docBase attribute should be something
like:
  /var/www/html/???/atlassian-jira-standard-3.11/webapp
where ??? is whatever directory you expanded the tar file into and
assuming you used the standard path names from the download.

The path attribute should be removed from the <Context> element, since
the URI path is derived from the name of the .xml file in which the
<Context> is located.

> Is it related to the .jar file that maven created when I
> compiled the jsp code?

I have no idea, since I don't know what script you were using to compile
JSPs.  These are usually compiled as needed on demand, but can be
pre-compiled to avoid the one-time delay.  You certainly don't need to
if you're just getting started with this.

> Is it the directory default.jsp is in?

The JIRA download does include a default.jsp in its webapp directory; if
that's the one you're referring to, then yes.  There are three other
default.jsp files in various subdirectories of webapp, so if you're
referring to any of those, no.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.